Monday, April 16, 2012

Beware! Much Laughter Ahead.

I just wanted to share some stories of my sweet Olivia that has happened in the past two weeks. We have been very busy with lots of things going on but with my 3 year old nothing is boring and NOTHING goes as planned.

First, I had taken Olivia to the park with her cousin. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and of course everyone else in town was at the park as well. The girls had been playing for awhile and Josh was sitting on a picnic table holding Kiley in the shade. Olivia walked up to Josh and she said "Daddy I have to go". He assumed she meant she needed to leave and go somewhere, so Josh encouraged her to go play some more. Moments later while I had walked back from pushing my niece on the swing I look down under a climbing tower part of the playground and I see a little white behind that looks an awful lot like my Olivia's bottom!!! I said "JOSH" and he came over there and sure enough it was Olivia taking care of some bathroom business right there! Josh asked me to get him some wipes to clean up the mess and while I was going to the car a bunch of kids had swarmed around Josh and Olivia and we saying things like "Eww look poop"  and "Mommy look she pooped". In all fairness Olivia had warned us that she needed to go, and she knew better then to go in her pants so she was just taking care of the situation the best she knew how.....but........it made for a very AWKWARD parenting moment, one that we will not soon forget! So now when Olivia says she needs to go we take that for exactly what it means! After we laughed until our stomach hurt we marked that adventure down as a lesson learned!

Now for a new Olivia story one that is less messy! Last night at the dinner table Olivia kept standing up in her chair, she knows it's a rule at the dinner table to stay seated. So I reminded her once that she needs to sit down. Well moments later she was back standing in the chair so I told her something I say often to get her attention, I said " Olivia listen to what I say, and then obey". At this point she quietly returned to her seat and the looked up at me and said "Mommy listen to what I say, I want to play". 
These are moments as a parent that you wonder if you will ever win another battle with you child!

We have some very busy weekends ahead but they should make for some great Blog updates. Next week we will be having a kids party in our backyard along with our friends and neighbors back yard. We have lots of fun things planned and I hope to take lots of pictures to share. We might be adventurous and try camping out very soon as well, we bought some camping gear recently and Josh is very ready to get out into the great outdoors!


"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.  ~William D. Tammeus"


1 comment:

  1. LOL! So did she get to play?

    “Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas” ~Paula Poundstone~

    ReplyDelete